‘Connecting BME Staff across the Coventry University Group to create a positive change’
The Coventry University BME Staff Network provides a forum for staff that identify as Black and Minority Ethnic (BME). The Network aims to provide the following:
- Opportunities to support and engage with BME Staff across the University Group
- A forum to share experiences, ideas, opportunities, and challenges, as well as discuss various topics and subjects of interest
- A ‘safe space’ and environment to meet other BME staff
- An opportunity to talk openly and candidly about your ‘lived experiences’.
- An opportunity for dialogue with Leadership across the university towards creating a more inclusive, representative and equitable campus and working environment.
- Opportunities for highlighting and tackling racial inequalities
- A route to influence, promote and embed race equality, as key contributors to the Race Equality Council and the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Council.
- Opportunities to be engaged in consultations on university strategies, policies, guidance and practice
We meet regularly throughout the year, for informal catch ups, discussion groups, forums and webinars. You can view upcoming events by visiting our ‘Events’ page.
Membership is open to all BME staff at Coventry University, both new and existing. If you would like to join the Network, then please complete this short survey. Once we receive your responses, a member of the Admin team will be in touch with more details. If you would like to discuss your interest before completing the survey please contact Annette Hay at A.Hay@coventry.ac.uk.